Puerto Rico is a beautiful island with diverse topography and an easy drive to the ocean. Residents are easy-going and the entire experience is very relaxing.
Puerto Rico Travel Facts
- Easy travel destination
- Diverse, tropical Caribbean island
- U.S. territory – no passport needed
- Currency – U.S. dollar
- 4 hour flight from Chicago or New York
- Low round trip flight costs
- Major U.S. car rental companies
- Driving laws same as in the mainland U.S.
- Both English and Spanish spoken
Things to do in Puerto Rico
Maricao Forest Reserve, waterfalls, coffee and fruit plantations, diving, surfing, whale watching, hiking, historical sites, Gaunica dry forest, El Yunque rain forest (the only tropical rain forest in the northern hemisphere!), three bioluminescent bays, snorkeling, lighthouses, bird watching, kayaking, Arecibo radiotelescope, caves, golfing, biking…and much much more!
Our photo gallery features the magnificent San Germán area. Kathy, our guests, and other cancer survivors share their photos which capture the serenity and beauty of Puerto Rico. From San German, it is about a 30 minute drive to the coast.